People Tree are looking for a driven Production Manager with experience in garments and accessories, committed to Fair Trade and sustainability.
People Tree is a pioneering Fair Trade and ecological fashion company with offices in Britain and Japan. We work with 50 fair trade groups in 8 developing countries to produce a stylish collection that respects people and planet. We give design and technical assistance to help marginalised artisans and crafts people overcome the barriers of selling their products
- To create and manage the critical path and delivery schedule each season.
- Responsible for communicating and resolving any delays or production problems promptly.
- To make several trips abroad per year to visit producers to oversee, understand and improve all areas of the production and quality process
- To ensure Fair Trade suppliers are fully aware of People tree’s requirements regarding product, quality and delivery procedures.
- To monitor producers to ensure they are following all Fair Trade standards and accreditation.
Supply Chain Development
- Work with producers to help them develop and manage their own critical path for fabric and garment production.
- To work with producers to improve and expand their production capacity and skills development and compile six monthly reports highlighting any training required and feeding into strategic development with CEO and PT team.
- To work with the CEO to identify gaps in the product range for supply chain development.
- To work with suppliers to manage quality assurance proactively and prepare feedback analysis
- To monitor the quality of garments during production and manage all areas of quality control after delivery
- To ensure that all product branding and labelling is in line with Company policy and adheres to Trading Standards.
- Oversee stock label management and ordering of garment components not provided by producers.
- Review customer returns and take action if necessary on future ranges.
- A minimum of 2-3 years experience in Production Management. An understanding of denim manufacture would be a plus.
- Comprehensive knowledge of pattern cutting, grading, garment construction, fabrics, production and manufacturing techniques.
- Have excellent communication skills to build good working relationships.
- Great time management, problem solving and IT skills
- Good understanding and interest in Fair Trade and environmental production.
Please send your CV and a short letter explaining why you are suitable for the role and would like to apply, with expected salary to email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org by 23rd November for an immediate start.