Image: Competition winner Ketchup on Everything at Spring Market 2012
Are you a designer or maker? Have you used the British Library to develop your ideas?
Win a stand at the Spring Market on Monday 4 March 2013 on the British Library Piazza in London. The Market is part of the Spring Festival and will show off the work of ten of the most innovative jewellery, fashion, homeware and craft designers who have used the British Library. If you have attended an event, used their Business & IP Centre, seen an exhibition or have a Reader Pass you are eligible to enter.
The British Library has up to 5,000 visitors at any one time. You’ll be able to exhibit and sell your products to their visitors for the day, get experience and training in running a market stall, gain free business advice through their Business & IP Centre, plus lots of marketing and press exposure.
Don't miss the chance to promote your ethical fashion brand at this festival featuring the work of some of the most innovative designers who have used the British Library resources.
- A market stall during the Spring Market. We will provide a stand, fabric covering and basic staging.
- A workshop on how to dress your stand and gain the most out of the opportunity.
- Your work featured on the British Library website.
- The British Library will promote your products via the British Library’s marketing channels including Twitter, Facebook, blogs and our website.
- You’ll be included in a British Library press release sent to major national and local publications.
They are looking for designers and makers who:
- Produce fine art and photography, graphic art, jewellery, crafts, home-ware, fashion or other products.
- Have been trading for at least six months in the UK.
- Have a product range which has potential to make a fantastic visual display on a market stall.
- Can sell the majority of products for around £30 or less (so that it is affordable for passing trade). Although it is fine to have a small range of high-end products to show the full range of your work.
- Are able to attend the workshop for competition winners on Friday 8 February 2013.
- Have used the British Library e.g. for events, exhibitions, our collections and Business & IP Centre.
How to enter
Complete the word document form and email it to firstname.lastname@example.org by midnight on Sunday 27 January 2013.
More info here.