Mathematics undergraduate with Mandarin Chinese communication skills
EDUCATION AND QUALIFICATIONS
2007 – present Southampton University
BSc Mathematics with Actuarial Science
• Academic Scholarship from the Mathematics Department
• Studied Mandarin Chinese modules in addition to undergraduate degree (level 3A completed)
1998 – 2006 Wellington School Somerset
• Academic Scholarship
• A-Levels (grade A): Biology; Chemistry; German; Maths; Further Maths (self taught)
• GCSEs (grade A*): Advanced Mathematics; Biology; Chemistry; French; Geography; German; Mathematics; Physics; Religious Education (short course)
• GCSEs (grade A): English Language; English Literature
2008 (Aug-Sept) Study China Program for Zhejiang University, Hangzhou, China
• Selected to study Mandarin Chinese at China’s 3rd best University
2007 (Mar-Aug) English Language School, Shandong-China
• Integrated fully into Chinese culture by living and working with Chinese people (being the only non-Chinese person)
2006 (Jul) Volunteer work in Medina Salaam, The Gambia
2005 (Oct) Working with special needs orphans in Slatina, Romania
2004 (Jul) Completed the Nijmegen Marches, a 4-day,100-mile march
OTHER EMPLOYMENT AND VOLUNTEER WORK
2008 & 2006 Etherton Education
(summer) Student host for Chinese Students at a UK summer school
• Organised events and activities for the students’ spare time.
2006 (Sept-Dec) Shop Assistant in Thornton’s, Somerset
2005 – 2006 Catering work at The Crossways Inn, Somerset
2005 (summer) Volunteer work at the British Institute for Brain Injured Children
2005 (summer) Volunteer work at a residential care home, Somerset
2004 (Sept) One week medical work experience, Musgrove Hospital, Somerset
OTHER ACHIEVEMENTS AND QUALIFICATIONS
• Gold Duke of Edinburgh Award
• Saxophone Grade 8 Distinction
• BTEC in Public Services
• Recently selected to be Secretary for the University Canoe Club
• Learnt leadership and organisational skills by being captain of Hockey Team
• Leader of the winning team for a 3-day Cadet Survival Exercise
• Selected to take part in a 2-day investment banking event with Nomura, the Bank of America and the Financial Services Authority
Comment Wall (35 comments)
You need to be a member of Ethical Fashion SOURCE Network to add comments!
Thanks for the contact. Sorry you won't be able to go. It sounds like a really fun event.
Do you know Ghana at all?
Just a thought, too... do you know of the ARISE magazine? I think it's British. I just discovered it, but hear it was around or comming out from an article in Women's Wear Daily.
Thank you for the welcome. Will you be attending the Clothes Show Ghana in October?. We are waiting for more information before booking our ticket. We'll also be in Kenya for several weeks in Dec - Jan.
I am not sure what happened to my account. The system made me sign up again so I am on there twice now... strange. Could you maybe check and let me know what I can do? I signed up with my new e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org last week, but when I tried to log on again, the password was rejected. I requested a new one and was guided through setting up a whole new account!
Thanks so much,
yes Kate it was fantastic , i found it so helpful darling and can't wait for the next one this month, thats why i am hope i can get the free table to showcase some things of KC.so I have sent a blurb as requested by Dani.
how are you doing my dear, hope good. well hope we get to meet again soon and chat more darling.