Greater experiance in the arena of ethical fashion, with a particular focus on strategy and international development.
About me / About business or organisation:
I am a Geography, Business and Environment graduate from the University of Nottingham and have spent the last 9 months volunteering and travelling across South America, India and Nepal. I am extremely passionate about ethical fashion and trade, hence my aspiration is to attain a career within this field. I am currently working for EFF.
Career history / Company history:
Nov– Jan 2010 (Ongoing) Product and Project Development Volunteer Oxfam
· Developing a project to re-make second hand clothes
into customised garments and increase profitability.
· Strategic development and generation of action plan
· Knowledge of increased sustainability through
extending the life-cycle of garments and materials.
· Marketing the group, communicating with a range of
stakeholders analysing, assessing and matching
differing volunteer capabilities towards suitable roles.
March – June 09 Product Development / Marketing Volunteer
· Understanding the history and culture of Peruvian
textiles and the important relationship between the site
of production and culture of the indigenous women.
· Market research/ assessment and product
development calculated to tap into the tourist market,
communicating this to the women via direct involvement
· Design and delivery of a programme/ course to
increase skill and product base of workers, and
increase knowledge of quality control, natural dyes etc.
· Clear, concise communication of the course effectively
in Spanish with Quechuan translation. Extensive use of
communication skills with a large volunteers team and
people from different cultures and origins.
Sept – March 09 Buyer - Corporate Procurement, Durham County Council
· Assisting the process of change management
· Implementation of a new corporate procurement system
· Supervising the buying of non-contract items
· Setting up new contracts and creating networks of
· Ensuring corporate procedures and regulations were
· Working within a team and individually depending on
areas of expertise to analyse information and develop
new, more advantageous strategies
Comment Wall (1 comment)
You need to be a member of Ethical Fashion SOURCE Network to add comments!
Hi,I am conducting a survey for my MA project at London College of Fashion to understand the consumer behaviour towards eco-fashion clothing in the premium and luxury segment with a primary focus on eco-luxuryT-shirts. Please go to this link and fill up the survey questionnaire.