To introduce ourselves, we are exporters of Organic Cotton Fabrics. Our fabrics are certified for Global Organic Textile Standard (GOTS) by Control Union. We provide organic fabric in greige, PFD, prints & yarn dye. We also do…"
"Hi Anushka, thank you for the kind words! Your textiles are beautiful as well.
If you know of any designers who would be interested in leading the inaugural Awamaki Lab collection, please let us know!"
As a textile designer I am looking forward to create a brand that believes in developing, exploring, experimenting and innovating from the vast range crafts available in India in terms of diverse skills, materials and references and create a new brand of textiles and textile products that has a contemporary sensibility.I am looking for people who would promote these products..as they are nature friendly and organic based , employment to womensupports
About me / About business or organisation:
I am a textile designer with a philosophy of work that is deeply rooted in contemporizing the craft tradition and believe in the promotion of rich Indian Handicraft based products .As a designer who to work and promote natural materials and traditional techniques but with continuous research and experimentation.
Career history / Company history:
Textile Designer with Neeru Kumar from May 2007 to December2008.
• As a head designer was responsible for the entire sampling team to create and finalize new collections and merchandize for home and apparels for all the stores Tal, Tulsi and Raga across India
• Development of innovative textiles for home, garments and accessories embellished with kantha work, silk appliqué, various techniques of dyeing and embroidery to constitute into a stunning collection that appeals to both the purist and the trendy.
• Handling international fairs like PRET, MAISON and HEIMTEXTILES and regular follow ups with the buyers
2. Associated with the design team of The ANT(ACTION NORTH-EAST) an NGO(Assam) and was responsible for:
• Development of a new range of bags and belts for Fabindia.
• Developed a collection of scarves and shawls using Eri silk and enhancing it with embroideries and Tie and Dye technique.
• Using the water Hyacinth plant, a range of home products like organic dustbins and a range of floor cushions were developed.
• Traditional motifs were used in contemporary products like Throws and Runners.
4. A research project with The ANT(ACTION NORTH-EAST) titled Weaving Dreams On Looms- Bodo Women’s Race Against Time. It mainly dealt with the following issues:
• An in-depth study of the traditional weaving of the tribe and finding new measures and introducing it in contemporary way.
• Effects of terrorism on the Bodo tribe and weaving as an alternative source of employment and sustained livelihood for community.
5. A project on Craft Documentation and Product Development (Cluster Initiative Programme of NIFT)
• Was associated with Maheshwar cluster and developed a range of Sari, cushions and curtains titled Magnifique .(Cluster initiative program by Ministry of Textiles )
• One month Industrial Internship with Grasim Industries Ltd (Bhiwani Textile
Comment Wall (4 comments)
You need to be a member of Ethical Fashion SOURCE Network to add comments!
To introduce ourselves, we are exporters of Organic Cotton Fabrics. Our fabrics are certified for Global Organic Textile Standard (GOTS) by Control Union. We provide organic fabric in greige, PFD, prints & yarn dye. We also do custom printing on organic fabric with low impact dyes and herbal dyes, to maintain the fabric’s Organic nature.
We would love to add value to your work of line.
Let us know.