This conference offers Fashion students a *special deal* for a major new event in Coventry that gives you the opportunity to learn about Fair Trade and Ethical Fashion, help tackle trade injustice and have loads of fun with like-minded people.
The International Youth for Fair Trade Conference will be held at Coventry University from 8pm Friday 30 October to 5pm Sunday 1 November 2009. The event will bring together passionate 18 to 25-year-olds from around the world in an action packed weekend with inspirational speakers from ground-breaking fair trade projects, practical workshops and team activities, films, entertainment and the opportunity to sample fair trade products first-hand.
**Conference highlights include:**
* What’s Fair in the Fashion Trade? Examining the value chain in the Fashion industry
* Discover the secrets of starting your own Fair Trade business
* Bare Tees – using methods of decoration and cutting transform a basic T Shirt into a unique piece of clothing
* Consuming Fashion – discuss the increase in consumption of Fashion Products, its impact (both ethical and sustainable) and how we might address these issues
* Make your own Fair Trade body products
* Meet experts in Ethical Fashion – Anne McMullen (Labour Behind the Label) and Ella Sharp (Coventry University Fashion Department)
* A massive Samba Drumming Party!
Don’t miss out on the chance to be part of this exciting event. We are just 3 weeks away from the start of the conference on the 30^th October and places are filling up fast.
*The Special Offer*
Normal Price £16.10 (before 16 October)
*SPECIAL Price £9.95 using Promo code FASHION*
Basic accommodation is available for just £5.75 per night. The conference is easy to reach in the centre of Coventry by car, coach or train.
Reserve your place on this year’s most exciting Fair Trade event.
The International Youth for Fair Trade Conference is organised by Youth for Fair Trade and supported by Coventry Cathedral, Coventry University, Coventry Community Forum, Heart of England Co-operative Society and the Department for International Development .
For more information, contact David Williams by email: email@example.com or call +44 (0)24 7652 1265.
Add a Comment