Leather purses can be elegant and fashionable, but over time their beauty can be dulled by dirt and grime. Regular cleaning of your leather purse will not only help keep it looking new, but will also extend the life of the leather. By following a few simple steps, your leather purse will look great and last a long time.
What You Will Need:
- Soft cleaning cloth
- Mild liquid facial or body soap (such as Dove or Neutrogena)
- Distilled water*
- Bowl or small bucket
- Warm water
- Sponge or soft rag
- Dry towel
- Water-based leather protector/conditioner (found in most leather clothing or furniture stores
The Cleaning Process:
- Empty all contents from your purse.
- Open your purse wide, unzipping all interior pockets and turn it upside down, shaking vigorously to dislodge all loose dirt and debris.
- Wipe out the interior of the purse with a soft cleaning cloth (dry).
- Mix a few drops of liquid soap with about two cups of distilled water, mixing until suds form.
- Dip your sponge or soft rag into the soapy water and wring out thoroughly, so that it is barely wet.
- Wipe the leather surface of the purse with the damp rag.
- Dry thoroughly with the towel, buffing as you go to restore luster.
- Buff the surface with the forth clean rag to restore luster.
- Treat surface with leather protector/conditioner as per product instructions.
I have read the article from other site, and i hope it can help you.