I'm looking to expand Hatastic! from bespoke one off designs to repeatable designs to wholesale but am in need of the Textile Recycler who will be able to provide what I need in bulk.

I used to use a supplier up north where the textiles were graded and seperated into accessories, garments and odds and ends, and I could arrange to come in and pick what I needed. 

They don't offer this service now and will only supply a mix of materials in bulk, and I need to find more of one material in bulk based somewhere near Surrey or London.

Can anyone help?

Views: 640

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Hi,

I saw your post and wanted to offer some ideas. Have you considered contacting tailors on Savile Row? Or tailors in general for that matter, they must have discarded fabric, what are they doing with them?

I'd also try Great Portland Street in London, I haven't been on that street in awhile, but there used to be tons of clothing wholesalers, if you talk to them they may know something.

Hi Jacqueline

Thanks so much for your response - much appreciated! This may come in useful for another project, but I have now found a source who can help me with textiles.

I have one more avenue to try for the straw textile variety but if anyone knows of manufacturers who need a buyer to rid them of excess or faulty straw designs, then do please let me know!

Yours Chloe @ Hatastic!

I saw this video few minutes back n thought you must be looking something like that . . .

http://vimeo.com/36337457

Hi!

My sustaiable concept:
One blouse 10 different ways, Recycling within your own closet, Giving the garment a longer life-length, Zero Waste. See video for a better explenation.
I am in a competition where I can win a scholorship. Would you guys help me to win by liking my video on Youtube. I would love to continue to develop my concept!
This is something that is important and designers has to take there responsebility.
Link:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j9MEvpZClCA

What do you think?

Thank you

Lovisa

Hi!

My sustaiable concept:
One blouse 10 different ways, Recycling within your own closet, Giving the garment a longer life-length, Zero Waste. See video for a better explenation.

I am in a competition where I can win a scholorship. Would you guys help me to win by liking my video on Youtube. I would love to win so that I can continue to develop my concept!
This is something that is important and designers has to take there responsebility.
Link:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j9MEvpZClCA

What do you think?

Thank you

Lovisa

For textile recycler, you must need to use vegan clothing that really looks amazing and also it is better to use eco-friendly brands instead of using products that are prepared from animal friendly material. I visit addresschic where i found vegan clothing, beauty and accessories all with eco-friendly that wore by the celebrities.

ihi

RSS

© 2024   Created by Ethical Fashion Forum.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service