Blue Sky Thinking
The Ethical Fashion Forum is currently looking to recruit 3-4 new Board Members* to help take the organisation into its next stage of development.
The ETHICAL FASHION FORUM (EFF) is a not for profit network focusing upon social and environmental sustainability in the fashion industry. Through its work the EFF has increased industry collaboration towards sustainability, supported and promoted best practice, raised awareness, provided information, resources and tools towards sustainability, improved the social and environmental practices of fashion businesses, and increased market access and opportunities for suppliers and producer groups working to fair trade and sustainability standards.
At this time we are particularly looking for Board Members with experience of:
- Finance and fundraising
- The fashion industry – probably gained through working in a senior position for a medium to large fashion retailer or supplier
- Organisational development and management / administration
As the EFF is currently going through the process of charity registration, we would be particularly grateful for Board Members who have previous experience of being a charity trustee.
In addition, at this crucial stage in EFF’s development, Board Members should be able to commit to supporting the EFF’s Director and Project Staff in a hands-on manner including by:
- Active support for fundraising and financing, including leveraging personal and professional networks where appropriate
- Providing support, guidance and mentoring to Project Staff and interns on one or more specific EFF projects
Board Meetings are held four times a year.
We are also looking for a new chair of the Ethical Fashion Forum board.
Duties of Board Members (with particular reference to duties once EFF becomes a charity)
1. To ensure that EFF complies with its memorandum and articles of association, charity law, company law and any other relevant legislation or regulations.
2. To ensure that EFF pursues its charitable objectives as laid down in the memorandum and articles.
3. To ensure that EFF applies its resources exclusively in furtherance of its objectives.
4. To contribute actively to EFF by giving firm strategic direction to the organisation, setting overall policy, defining goals, setting targets and evaluating performance against agreed targets.
5. To safeguard the good name and values of EFF.
6. To ensure the effective administration of EFF.
7. To protect and manage the property of EFF and ensure the proper investment of charity funds.
8. To appoint and support the Manager and monitor their performance.
* The EFF is currently going through the process of charity registration. Once this is completed Board Members will be expected to become Trustees.
For more information on EFF and/or the role of Board Member / Charity Trustee or to apply please contact Amisha Ghadali on 07973 152 659