Chhoti Si Asha is a social driven, non-profit enterprise manufacturing high quality chic handbags, conference merchandise and home accessories. The organization makes stylishly fashionable and artistically designed merchandise using various materials such as hand printed cotton, jute, canvas, denim and leather. It also manufactures personal accessories such as jewelry, scarves, pouches & wallets and home accessories like pouffes, cushion covers, table mats/runners, coasters etc.
Hand-bags and conference merchandise form the bulk of what we manufacture and today we have a collection of over 200+ different designs of handbags which are retailed in India, USA and UK through institutional and non-institutional channels.
Recently, we’ve also forayed into manufacturing of women apparels. As part of this endeavor, we have trained a team of women seamstresses to make various dresses and have prepared 50+ designs that are rolling out to the market this summer.
Career history / Company history:
- Over the past few years, CSA has been able to build a strong core team of women who are highly motivated, skilled and efficient with making high quality handbags, conference merchandise and women apparels.
- We are very proud to say that not only is our team skilled in making bags/apparels, they are truly empowered because of their financial contributions to their families and practicing some of the Life Management skills that we practice at our workplace.
- We have worked with a total of about 35 to 40 women in the last 3 years and are ready to scale to 150 -200 women in 2016. Our core team comprises of about 15 women who look after the various aspects of production - manufacturing, inventory, quality control, design implementation and workshop coordination.
- Working with these women, we have developed a range of 200+ bag designs and we retailed 10,000+ bags in 2015.
- In 2015, we also partnered with a leading dress manufacturing company in Chandigarh and have made 500+ pieces of women apparels for an external vendor. Presently, we are working on 50+ designs that are rolling out to the market this summer.
- We have been hyper focused on ensuring quality control and all our products are benchmarked against the best in the market.
- We’ve received an overwhelming appreciation from the market for our designs, quality of material and workmanship and design uniqueness.
- We have a rich portfolio of 200+ handbag designs to choose from in different materials such as cotton fabrics, denims, canvas, leather, jute etc.
- We are presently the major supplier of conference merchandise to Chandigarh’s two leading institutes - Panjab University and Post Graduate Institute of Medical Sciences (PGI)
- We have several portals as our regular customers including :
o Avenue Clothing
o Green the Gap
o rhope.org (a US based social enterprise)
o arushi (a UK based social enterprise)
o Doors to the Himalayas (a US based social enterprise)
o People Tree retail store
You need to be a member of Ethical Fashion SOURCE Network to add comments!