Hello everyone!
I am doing a research on eco-sustainable fashion for my thesis at Italian University, so if you could please answer to this questions. Write as much as you like. You can post your answers here on the forum or if you prefer to my email: nenadvc@yahoo.co.uk
Thank you!

1. What does eco-sustainable fashion represent for you? How would you define it?

2. Which are your personal reasons for buying eco-sustainable garments?

3. Is the possible higher price of eco-sustainable garments indication of a higher quality as well? In your opinion, what is the reason for this higher cost?

4. Are you familiar with the labels that certify the ecological value of
fashion products? Could you name some?

5. Do you believe that eco-sustainable fashion should became world wide popular or do you want it to remain present only in certain social
groups?

Views: 43

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

hi there!
1. for me eco fashion is a new way of dealing with clothes. it's mix between new trend and environmental responsibility. 2. i don't buy them often cos it's hard to find, but when i do, i do feel better knowing that it is usefully for ecology too. 3. it could be, but it depends on label. some use higher prices just to fool consumers. sometimes the higher price could be a result of more expensive fabrics used to produce garments. 4. i heard of something called made in green, but i don't know anything more. 5. i think it should become global. it would be better for whole planet therefore all social groups should understand this way of life....
thank you so much for taking your time and answering to my questions.
everyone that has one minute of your time- please write your answers, i realy need them for my project.
thnx
1. What does eco-sustainable fashion represent for you? How would you define it?

fashion that is related somehow to ethics and the environment and its sustaining the environment in someway

2. Which are your personal reasons for buying eco-sustainable garments?

i believe it is the way to go but do believe it must be fashionable and individual i.e i would buy it only from a boutique rather than a highstreet store ONLY because i like my clothing to be different to what everyone else is wearing

3. Is the possible higher price of eco-sustainable garments indication of a higher quality as well? In your opinion, what is the reason for this higher cost?

not necessarily it just means the fabrics are more expensive - and this is due to lack of demand for the organic materials over the conventional - in fashion cost is everything and cheap is unfortunately what sells to the masses

4. Are you familiar with the labels that certify the ecological value of
fashion products? Could you name some?

if you mean ethical fashion brands then yes - my favourites are kuyichi, edun, katherine e hamnett, suno regarding production..bodkin....i could go on

5. Do you believe that eco-sustainable fashion should became world wide popular or do you want it to remain present only in certain social

as there are so many aspects to eco...fashion - recycling, organic fabrics, peace silks, fairtrade production etc etc i.e its not just about organic materials THEN i believe it could go widely popular and the momentum it is building up is proving that...so lets watch take action and see the results
groups?
Eco-friendly fashion is a relatively new trend. This trend is not just about protecting the environment, but also about keeping the consumer healthy and comfortable and making sure that people who are creating the clothes work in clean, safe environments. It is very important that eco-friendly clothes are made of organic materials. Now the first thing that would come to mind would be cotton. Cotton is actually great if it is organic cotton. That is cotton that is grown without any use of pesticides and insecticides, unlike the regular cotton that is grown and processed with a use of a huge amount of pesticides and chemicals. The organic cotton is good for you, the environment and of course for people who produce this cotton, since they don’t have to breathe in all the chemicals all day long. Of course, there are other materials that are used in green fashion such as hemp, linen, and organic wool.
My wife found a site http://www.luxgreenliving.com which she really liked. The clothes on the site looked pretty, fashionable yet practical, and were at very reasonable prices. So if you are looking to try some eco-friendly fashions made out of organic cotton try this site. At this point they only sell female clothing, so guys might have to look somewhere else, but if you are looking for a nice gift for your wife or girlfriend I recommend you take a look.
1. Fashion/clothing made using ecologically sound, sustainable methods, for example: clothing made using dye processes which do not use harsh chemicals such as dioxins; and recycled/remodelled clothing preventing more textile waste going to landfill.
2. I prefer to make or buy clothes second hand primarily, and buy organic and fairtrade when i can afford to! this is because unsustainable methods within the fashion industry contribute to ecological issues and poor labour practices (such as chemicals which are harmful to the environment and the people who work with them or grow crops in that area), the worst affected are often the poorest people in the world.
3. I think the higher cost is a reflection of eco-clothing being a niche market, seen almost as a luxury which adds value, alongside higher production costs in many cases, but does not necessarily result in higher quality. For example, the production of peace silk requires more time and effort to extract the silk without killing the silkworm, as it is uses the cocoon after the moth has emerged, the silk from which has to then be spun into fibres and results in a lower quality garment than when a contiuous filament yarn is used.
4. Peopletree, Ciel, Edun, Junky Styling, Katharine Hamnett..
5. Ideally, all fashion should be sustainable, and hopefully ethical and sustainable practices within fashion will eventually become common place. However, for this to happen there would probably have to be legislation put in place by government alongside the consumer vote- In a world in which money talks, you can say a lot with what you choose to purchase!!
Hi there,
1. Eco-sustainable fashion can be defined as clothes made from fibres which can be recycled or decomposed easily, fibres that are bio-degradable. 2. I would buy eco-sustainable garments so that I know the garments will not polute the earth once i've worn them and disposed of them. 3. Higher prices I would think represents higher quality based on more time is taken to make the materials, workers are paid a higher price to make them, and machinery of good quality if used. High costs seem to come from retailers who want to meet profit margins, or perhaps using the eco-sustainable label to get a higher price. 4. I can't think of any at the top of my head. 5. I would like eco-sustainable fashion to become more used as this would help prevent further pollution to the earth and environment,

RSS

© 2024   Created by Ethical Fashion Forum.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service