Hello All,

Thanks very much in advance for any help or suggestions you can provide. Basically, I work full time but I also do a bit of design work and hope to invest a bit more time into some of this. My aim is to (eventually) launch an ethically sourced label, but at the moment I quite simply don't have the time or the resource to do so.

I make shirts and small-run garments from time to time (when I have the money) and was wondering if anyone had advice about what I might do to get some assistance. I am looking for places online where I could sell some of my products... but as I am usually dealing in super small numbers (50 garments or fewer) I am finding it difficult.

I have thought about setting up an ecommerce site, but this seems to be quite expensive. Does anyone have any thoughts on this/similar experience they might be able to share?

Thanks so much for your help!

Sam

Views: 40

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Hi Sam,
Sounds like a great idea...I'm actually thinking / planning somewhere along them lines but not sure whether or not to take the plunge yet and if so in what direction...anyways, have you ever thought about using sites like etsy.com? You can keep your own shop, everything is handmade so the audience is given and you could grow from there. I've seen a lot of people starting off like that and then taking it further. etsy receives a lot publicity and is many bloggers' favourite, it's not much left to do for you except designing (and my personal enemy: sewing if applicable).

Let me know how you get on :)

Sarah
Hey Hey,

a quick little note to anyone out there producing collections and looking for retail space...

Im currently on the look out for new and up coming designers to showcase and sell their work in The Runway Showroom in Camden. Its a great space with about 30 other designers, showing and selling their interesting and inspirational collections, and wondered if anyone was out there, that had a collection or know of anyone that wants to exhibit their work...

email me and i can forward on lots more information - holly@therunwayshowroom.com

look forward to hearing from you soon. Holly Pressdee x
Hey Holly!

Haha, what a coincidence, I met you at the runway showroom the other day (came in with my girlfriend asking about making a dress). I love what you guys are doing over there and am definitely considering this as an option!

If anyone has not had the chance to pop in to the runway showroom it's a great idea and a good (now better) location in camden market.

Definitely excited about this.

Also- thanks a lot for the suggestion Sally! I'll definitely take a look at this as I am thinking more online at the moment.

Any more suggestions are always appreciated and I will keep you all updated on how things are coming along!

Best,
Sam

RSS

© 2024   Created by Ethical Fashion Forum.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service