Hi all,

I have recently come to the end of my contract with the Ethical Fashion Forum and will be traveling, writing and researching in Southeast Asia and India for the next 6 months. I would very much appreciate any recommendations of places to visit, people to meet whilst I am away, for the purpose of my blog, which you will find regularly here on the Network.

The bulk of my time (over 3 months) will be spent in India, from about the 10th January next year. Prior to that I will be in Thailand, Cambodia, Laos, and Vietnam, as well as briefly in Indonesia and Malaysia, having flown into Hong Kong.

If there is anything you would like to read about or to have researched in relation to ethical fashion in any of these countries then please do let me know. Do you work with garment factories, cotton growers or cooperatives in any of these places? Any suggestions, useful contacts or research topics would be much appreciated.

I look forward to hearing your ideas!
Many thanks

Lucy
(Add a comment in this discussion or email me at lucy_osborne@hotmail.com. I will do my best to get back to you straight away)

Views: 68

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

hi

good luck with your journey. Just wish i had the time to go on journey as you are. Maybe next year i may plan one too. I am totally fasinated with the indian styles and inspired looks which in the west is becoming a success among all ages. I would really reccommend you make a visit to the Punjab, places such as Amritsar (the home of the Sikh Golden Temple), also places like Chandigarah and experience the full vibrant colours and culture of the Punjab.

Other than that Delhi would be a good place too, its fast becoming a place which is being most influenced by western styles in clothes.

As for contacts, i will see if i can reccommend friends to you who are fashion designers (not yet established)

my email add is appletreeuk78@hotmail.com ... i am also on facebook.

hope to hear from you soon.

Raj x
hi..
i m debashis chakma from bangladesh...if you have any plan to visit in bangladesh and if you think to see the ethnic west loom and hand loom things pls let me know and also appreciate you if you do work little bit ethnic culture in your work.
tx
debashis chakma
fashion designer
designerdn@yahoo.com
Hi Lucy,
I am satish from Zameen Organic Pvt Ltd, India. I am happy to know that you have planes to visit India in your travel schedule.You are most welcome to vist Zameen and learn more about the Fairtrade & Organic cotton project and the ethical supply chain through which we cater to deginers who aspire to start their brand and make their collection with the most sustainable and ethical high value fabrics we produce and offer our design studio at Tirupur to promote such designers .You care most welcome to explore the opurtunities we have in Zameen in the world of ethical fashion and sustainability....
Rgds,
Satish Chukkapalli
satish@zameen.org

RSS

© 2024   Created by Ethical Fashion Forum.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service