Time: September 17, 2012 from 6pm to 11pm
Location: Rich Mix
Street: 35-47 Bethnal Green Road, Shoreditch United Kingdom
City/Town: Shoreditch E1 6LA London
Event Type: 'conscious, swap, shopping, launch'
Organized By: Viviane Williams
Latest Activity: Sep 4, 2012
This is no ordinary shwop-shopping event, ‘Conscious Swap Shopping’ is an initiative created by the behavioural change social enterprise Wakeup Campaign.
Launching for part of London's Design Festival, the events will be an exploration of our consciousness through the way we consume, behave, shop and feel by introspectively debating on identity, habits, behavioural patterns and the psychoanalysis of our shopping rituals.
Not only will you have the opportunity to bring your clothes and swap them for new ones, there will be a Q&A session where influential guest speakers from the sustainable fashion, lifestyle & academic spherewill be discussing their work.
The space will be filled with interesting sections for people to become immersed in fashion for change. There will be a section where people can:
- Get their clothes customised by a professional costume designer
- Engage with visual stimulants for people to interact and engage with
- Raffles to be won
- Ethical fashion/product stalls selling their garments
- And not forgetting the fabulous clothes people acquire when they swap!
Come and be part of the ‘Conscious Swap Shopping’ movement! P.S. Don't forget to bring items of clothing/accessories to swap.
Tickets:£8 online £10 on the door
@wakeupcampaign #consciousswap #LDF12 #LFW #o2thinkbig
Confirmed guests so far are: (Many more to come ;-)
- Zahra Mansouri:Costume designer, worked for the likes of Strictly Come Dancing
- Grassroots:An ethical fashion clothing line
- Plastic Seconds: Recycled jewellery brand
- Nicholas ODH, part of the research-led collective, SAINT H
P.S Please note the event will be recorded with the use of photography. By purchasing a ticket, this will mean you have consented to the latter.
Add a Comment