Redress Raleigh is hosting the inaugural conference focused on Eco-Fashion & Textiles in the Southeastern U.S. The event takes place March 23 & 24 in downtown Raleigh, at the Raleigh Marriott City Center. Over the course of the two-day event, attendees will have an opportunity to learn more about:
- Eco-textiles and sustainable design methods
- Currently available sourcing opportunities for sustainable materials
- Making sustainable and eco-friendly purchasing choices for fashion & textiles
- Establishing a sustainable / eco-friendly brand and engaging customers
The weekend of events includes:
- Keynotes from industry leaders: Elizabeth Cline, Beth Doane and David Peck
- 9 educational sessions including lectures, panel discussions and hands-on workshops
- An Eco-Fashion Show featuring 13 NC-based emerging and established designers
- A Marketplace featuring 35+ sustainable / eco-friendly vendors from across the country
- Networking opportunities
- Checkout the schedule of events.
Who is the target audience of the conference:
- Students and professors interested in learning more about America's current fashion & textiles industry
- Emerging and established designers looking for additional resources to grow their business
- DIYers, fashion enthusiasts, fiber artists, crafters, vendors, and anyone else who wants to learn more about how they can contribute to the domestic fashion & textiles industry
How to get involved:
- Register for the conference! Full-conference and a-la-cart options are both available to register.
- Students will receive a discount with proof of student ID
- Vendors: The Marketplace is accepting applications for all hand-crafters as well as Made In USA producers interested in growing their customer base. Applications are due March 1st and are available.
Let’s expand the dialogue among boutique owners, designers, suppliers, and customers interested in transforming the current fashion and textile industry into an ecologically conscious and ethical one!
For more information about Redress Raleigh and the upcoming Eco-Fashion & Textiles Conference, visit our website